Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Movie Reviews

  • If you are thinking about seeing a particular movie, would you consult a movie review for a recommendation? Why or why not?
    I'm personally a movie guy. I've always been fascinated by films and that's the reason I'm going to college so I could someday work in the industry. I always check Rotten Tomatoes and movie reviews before I check out a movie. Unless it's a movie I don't want to know anything about I'll go in completely blind of reviews and trailers just to get emersed into the film. But generally I check reviews, but I still see them anyways.
  • What types of useful information can a movie review offer you? List as many as you can.
    How engagging the film is, if the acting is good, if the production value is good, or maybe if a movie truly misses and is a dud. Movie reviews can offer lots of value because people are trying to help you save $10 at a theater. You don't want to waste your money on a bad movie, right?
  • How often do you think young people consult movie reviews before watching a movie?
    Surprisingly, a lot. I see tons of people go on Rotten Tomatoes in school to check the score of an upcoming release. I saw lots of people looking forward to "Divergent" and within the first few weeks it had a 17% out of 100% which is bad! and it turned a lot of people off from seeing it I'm sure.
  • What aspects about movie reviews make them a positive or negative influence on your decision to watch the movie?
Movie reviews tell you if a film is good or bad in their opinion. Movie reviews should talk about the positives in a film such as acting, character development, and cinematography. It should also dive into the negatives like cheesy dialog, messy screenplay, or sloppy direction. If what the movie reviewer is saying in their review and if it fits what your looking for, then check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment